Saturday 22 March 2014

QUEEN under a quick review!

The much discussed QUEEN now under a quick review! Vikas Bahl's direction "Queen" has Kangana Ranaut (Rani/Queen), Lisa Haydon (Vijaylakshmi) and Rajkummar Rao (Vijay) in the lead roles. I loved the movie for a very solid reason that I watched it when I was vexed and was feeling low! The story-line is very simple, where Rani's wedding is called off by Vijay and she is left heart-broken. Yet, she decides to go on her honeymoon - now that's a break that the character gets. In the course of the movie, Rani becomes more 'independent' and learns to 'accept' people from all culture. Kangana's acting has been true to the role, I really liked her effort. The movie does not only speak of a girl trying to get distracted from the sadness but it also talks of how the same girl examines herself indirectly. Apart from the serious notes, there is a subtle humour that runs along in most parts of the movie, through the characters' antics and dialogues. Overall, the movie was a good one (perhaps you might enjoy it more if you watch it alone, like I did!) and I would give it a rating of 3.65 on a scale of 5.0.

2 comments:

  1. Good review, realistic movie with day-to-day roles one comes across in life

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!