Saturday 17 January 2015

"I"

"I", a Tamil romantic thriller film - one of Shankar's work but not so different in visual when compared to his previous works. Yes, the visual graphics and the camera gimmicks are a real treat to your eyes, but the bragging on this aspect is limited. The narrative is rather appealing for it constantly fluctuates between the present and the past; and gradually reveals the several suspense one after the other. The love affair is not complicated but the hero is enmeshed in the cruel realities of envious people (pretty obvious that only the hero has to suffer!), and the plot thickens with him seeking a revenge on the wrong-doers. (Please don't be mad at me, I haven't spoiled the fun!) However, the twists and the revenge is made differently, for it is Shankar who has directed, and the audience is bound to learn something new from his movies. And, the quick retreats, from the serious tone, that the movie offers is through Santhanam's antics and his slapstick comedy. I liked the movie a degree more for there is the adaptation of the "Beauty and the Beast" theme in one of the songs - suits well to the story-line. The movie was a nice watch, and I would give it a rating of 4.0 on a scale of 5.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!