Tuesday 16 January 2018

By the Power of Words and Imagination

To imaginary words
I pray before thee
With a sincerity and discipline
As a Muse would expect -
A sense of respect
And a sense of hope
Where to world's description is done
With words of mighty stature.
I ask thee a query -
A hopeless journey
To search something in vain
Yet, does it befit my stand?
And take me miles away
That imagination could go beyond
Make me well grounded to the brown soil
For this is my home, a place from where I come
A piece of land to which I was born
And now remain but a speck in the multitude of soils.
To those imaginary lands of the mind
I pray before thee
With a sense of helplessness
I bow in respect to the utmost struggle
The struggle against forgetting -
To perceive the unknown
And to know the nothingness of the known
I melt and tremble down
By the power of words and imagination.

2 comments:

  1. By the power of words and imagination,
    Soils do change, so do perceptions
    Ones innate thought, is but another nightmare

    Tablet and transcends so thoughts behind
    Sided and aided by words not far beyond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandru - And the poetry simply flows and follows. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!