Wednesday 28 April 2021

The Bad Bitch Bodega Cat

 
Have you ever thought of being a bodega cat?
A bad bitch bodega cat?
Lurking around the corner shops,
Waiting for a piece of meat to be thrown away.
Yes, that’s the one –
She bleeds boxer Ali through her chest,
While her brain reeks of Bobby Fischer,
This bad bitch is wearing my hijab
And scaring a many tom cats in her daily wars –
I want to be like her,
Just a bad bitch bodega cat,
Strutting through these boroughs
As a hooded figure, I meekly pass –
But the bodega cat isn’t one like me,
She hisses, and purrs,
And fiercely coughs up a hairball
Swearing and threatening the other cats,
Not just toms but bitches too –
No one dares to challenge her,
She beats the hell out of those oglers
Those who grope daughters –
Like cowards in crowded streets,
The bodega cat sharpens her claws with abuses,
With humiliation and lewd comments,
And blood.
She ushers me to wear my hijab,
A hijab of bad bitch
And walk on stilts, tall and brave –
Giving no two,
To the ones who are trampled below.

2 comments:

  1. Words with magic elements are your forte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arun - I really don't know what I was aiming for when I was writing this piece, but somehow, here it is. Thank you for leaving an encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!