Wednesday 16 August 2017

shh...

Poignant reminder of memories tumble down,
As I lose my way in the labyrinth of thoughts
There has to be an end to this collision somewhere
But I am powerless and feel defeated in this quest.

Minutes later, I hear the trickles of water drops,
A multitude of thoughts swarming in the mundane
Seeking for an end is a difficult task but in vain
For many have lost their minds in keeping up this mane.

Quietly the tides recede, and the waters are still,
A calm reflection is created in this stillness
I see myself, battling in this maddening world
I see myself, in the arms of a mother, curled.

2 comments:

  1. Writing seems to flow from your pen without waiting for consent, got a magical pen, needs to borrow for a while. Your write with so ease both prose and verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you find it thus. There are times when lines or thoughts come tumbling down, and there are times when I labour intensely to worm out even a word from the mind. Thanks for reading.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!