Wednesday 23 August 2017

Text-Poetry Marathon


Parrot
The fire rages and roars link no other
Unwilling to stay unborn, latent, unperturbed
Pandabear
Haha, laughs loud the fiend,
For he is heading to his end.
Parrot
The fiend and the fiendfire
The perpetrator and the sufferer
Pandabear
What art thou think that best maketh,
For in the game of love, many hearts breaketh.
Parrot
Thou art not a figment of imagination
My finest hour began but endeth with thee
Pandabear
In the happiest times that were wrought,
From the fairest Venice were the colours caught.
Parrot
Rejoicing on the outside my insides did burn,
Tut Tut! He chided me along the turn
Pandabear
Thoughts flooded in mind loft-like,
As the feet tickled in bed soft-like.
Parrot
These are but threads seamless,
Come, let us creep into this realm endless.
Pandabear
Exclaimed he to take her hands in huge halls,
While she smiled and made love against lovely walls.
Parrot
More than passion gleaned and sighed upon,
Is the beam of the hope lovelorn
Pandabear
Suffering destroys, and self is destroyed,
Born again from the ashes with hope rebuoyed.
Parrot
From dust it shall rise and bound
It may lose its faith in the ground
Pandabear
Lose faith and disbelieve if you must,
But the flight rests its wings in good trust.
Parrot
My treasure and my heart at the same place,
I would rest until the day's last trace.
Pandabear
Abandon all the haughty,
Begin to love the naughty.
Parrot
Naughty is naught but a little smug
He beseeches me for my own drug
Pandabear
Like a spirit on my mind with ease he pranced,
Seductive was the whole talk as if I was tranced.
Parrot
He called me enchantress but nay
Searching for his scent in darkness I lay
Pandabear
The zephyr was gently cold,
We curled around and rolled.
Parrot
Smokeless was his gaze, liquid and limpid
Sucked into a daze, I saw colours myraid.
Pandabear
Amused and happy was the Muse even,
For the songs were deep when given.
Parrot
Every song had the trickster's touch
But he turned sombre, forever too much
Pandabear
Eyes had to be deceived with tricks,
For you would never have known the pain of pricks.
Parrot
I line my eyes with more black
They shall never know what they lack
Pandabear
Smokey eyes did never reveal the crime,
They were not masked but mastered all the time.
Parrot
I could drink a little hemlock
Get lost in my trickster's scent
Pandabear
Why must I live on
In this love forlorn?
Parrot
Thy love enriched the parched
Bestow thy beauty, O bounteous!
Pandabear
Aphrodite smiles over us,
As we look for reflections.
Parrot
Ensnared by his coiled charms
I held on to the last, insane thread
Pandabear
Lean fingers strikes the harp,
Playing the music of the heart.
Parrot
Flows and pulsates, this rhythm
Miles across where I come from
Pandabear
Miles away yet thy sweet fragrance stayed,
Our togetherness for eternity was what I prayed.
Parrot
The wait was long, the sun was setting,
Melting the colours the dusk did the painting
Pandabear
Painting spoke a million thoughts,
For too long were those kept in naughts.
Parrot
Churl the hues for me when I come,
Claim the darkness distraught with the lonesome
Pandabear
Let's make love in the realm of darkness,
And hope to see the rays of sweetness.
Parrot
The sweetness smiles with your guile
I touch it, the fleeting promise of the nile
Pandabear
By the shore, we stole kisses,
And jumped over pebbles and hisses.
Parrot
May this flowing water never end
Break the barriers, let the world condescend!
Pandabear
 What business have we with this world?
Our universe is far far away pearled.
Parrot
It could all but come crashing down,
In a universe parallel we'd erase the brown
Pandabear
Mortal lives can be crushed to dust,
Immortal consummation shall forever be must.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!