Monday 7 May 2018

The Bards, their Worlds and their Words

Recollect thoughts in tranquility, the bard said -
While I attempted the act, I was taken to a new world
A chaotic grassland set beside a peaceful wasteland
Million words have been used to describe this new world -
This world, a world of both hope and despair.

Unheard melodies are sweeter, another poet cried -
I listened to those melodies and I learned real music
The sweet sounds made my eardrums shatter,
While the noisy sounds kept my heart calm -
This music magic, a magic of both illusion and reality.

A heap of broken images, shrieked a lunatic -
I began collecting the shattered pieces of the mirror
This mirror held not just my reflections but my memories
Million pieces I gathered and tried repairing them -
This new mirror, a mirror of both honesty and deception.

I loved nature more, sang a lover -
My feet took me on adventures which I had never dreamt of
The rivers and the country sides, the birches and the village wine,
What lusty life of peace, and what intoxicating taste of simpleness -
This space, a space of both freedom and captivity.

2 comments:

  1. Bards and their little panda wards,
    Wafting through landscapes as though a new whiff of air
    One came to realise in the eye within
    The other in the landscape without
    Panda bear, panda bear, found yourself and found others too
    One moment yet lifetimes lived over
    Bards and their young panda wards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandru - You write beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!