Sunday 30 August 2020

ACFI Attempt 9

 

Details:

1. Joaquin Phoenix (You may know him from the "Joker".)

2. Materials: FC Drawing Book, Classmate Mechanical Penpencil 0.7mm, Regular and Derwent Zero Eraser, FC 2B and 8B, Blending with Small Stump, Tissue Paper and Flat Brush (size 3)

3. Date: 29 August 2020; Time: Almost 4 Hours (didn't keep track of the time..).

4. I was going through a lot of Phoenix's portraits, and even thought of drawing half of his actual face blending with his 'joker' face. This search was on for a few days, and then I came across this one randomly, at the time when I had almost forgotten about Phoenix. Last night, I just sat with it and drew it in one stretch.

5. I am able to see improvement in my learning and executing, meanwhile, I also know that I have a lot to learn.

6. With another attempt, I will be completing the challenge.. suggestions are welcome.

7. This challenge has helped me a lot. And, all thanks to the surprise-unexpected gift! The story begins from there..

8. I liked this particular drawing, it has come out well. Though, I need to work on a lot of subtleties, I am pretty hopeful about pencil sketches.

9. All that I can think of now is to be done with this challenge and give myself a lot of time and work on a single art with great details.

10. Just being hopeful.

HAPPY DRAWING!!!

4 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!