Thursday 20 August 2020

ACFI Attempt 2

  

 
 

Details:

1. Jim Parsons [One of my favourite actors - you may know him from the American sitcom, "The Big Bang Theory".]

2. Materials: Faber Castell [here and after, FC] Drawing Book, Classmate Mechanical Penpencil 0.7mm, Regular Pencil and Eraser, FC 2B and 6B, Blending with Tissue Paper

3. Date: 20 August 2020; Time: Almost 2 Hours

4. I am happy with my commitment, and I personally see that the second attempt is a lot better than the first one.

5. I took photos of my drawing at different stages, and it acts more like a mirror - you can correct the image in its formative stages itself and continue sketching further. It is also important to look at the reference picture in sections in order to get the boundaries and highlights well.

6. This time, I did not use the soft tissue all over the image, but again, I still have to understand the subtleties of blending.

7. The outlines have come out all right, but again, overall, the features still seem disproportionate.

8. I also learned that I should not allow my eagerness to see the final result to pressurize myself physically. The body needs some relaxation. Because, I am a beginner, it is all right to take ample time and produce less in terms of result, but even that less should be of good quality. For instance, I can spend two hours on drawing just an eye, but I should make sure to draw it well. So, it is important that you need to relax while you are training, otherwise, you are bound to burn out soon. Let me tell you something, just before I thought of putting up a blogpost on ACFI, I made an attempt in drawing another portrait, but even those outlines seemed very wrongly done. Therefore, I had to forcefully abandon the thought of drawing one more portrait for the day.

9. As much as you want to become a really good artist, and that you want to simply practice all the way and not display your work anywhere or show it to anyone, then, maybe, that could turn out to be a hindrance. Share your work with family and friends, and allow their critiques and encouragement to be a part of your journey of learning.

10. I liked the way the artwork turned out, and I am extremely hopeful that I will improve in the coming days. 

HAPPY DRAWING!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Good to see quickly done work. Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arun - Hoping to keep to my small-time commitment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!