Friday 21 August 2020

ACFI Attempt 3

 

 
 

Details:

1. Emma Watson

2. Materials: FC Drawing Book, Classmate Mechanical Penpencil 0.7mm, Regular Pencil and Eraser, FC 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B, Blending with Tissue Paper and Flat Brush (size 3)

3. Date: 21 August 2020; Time: Almost 2 Hours

4. Honestly, I didn't like the way this one turned out! When I look at the facial features individually, they seem all right, but put together, it looks a lot disproportionate. Many from the 'Artist Inner Circle' group have suggested that I use grids. But the problem is, I don't have any of the reference photos in print, I look at them from the computer and draw. I may have to look up for a software that puts grids on the digital photos.

5. What did I do differently here? Everytime, I begin by roughly outlining the entire face, but this time, I wanted to approach this differently, I started with the hair and gradually came down, finishing each feature horizontally.

6. A new learning - I spent much time in choosing a simple portrait in order to reproduce the same as accurately as possible, but then, I somehow pushed myself to selecting a portrait that has a good balance of black, white and grey, and to try many varieties.

7. I am glad to see my commitment not failing or fading, so, I hope to continue for the remaining 7 days of the ACFI. Wish me luck!

8. Also, I would love to try my hand at any portraits that you would suggest. [P.S. - This also depends on the details and difficult features in the image, I may not be able to draw very detailed images as of now.]

HAPPY DRAWING!!!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!