Saturday 22 August 2020

ACFI Attempt 4

 

Details:

1. An eye with tear drops (part of realistic drawing).

2. Materials: FC Drawing Book, Classmate Mechanical Penpencil 0.7mm, Regular Pencil and Eraser, FC 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B, Blending with Tissue Paper and Flat Brush (size 3), White Highlight using Gel Pen

3. Date: 21 August 2020; Time: Almost 2 Hours

4. I guess the disappointment of a bad sketch of Emma Watson made me try my hand at one of the facial features on the very same day, and I chose an eye. I still find sketching the other features such as hair, eyebrows, nose and lips quite difficult, so, an eye.

5. I used a grid reference, but didn't really follow it thoroughly.. that's a mistake... I was too eager to get on with the drawing and trying to find out if I was capable enough to pull off this kind of a sketch.

6. However, as the constructions started taking a shape, I was quite happy with it.. except for the outline shape, which could have been rectified at an early stage. The tear drops look three dimensional, and I was happy with the overall result.

7. My inference is that I cannot afford to be in a haste if I want a beautiful result! Laying down layers of shading and gradually getting to the darker tones is a must and it requires a lot patience! As much as I can tell you what's wrong in my approach, I need to still practice with not hurrying things up.

8. I still need to get the hang of doing the darker shade.. Suggestions on this note would be really helpful..

HAPPY DRAWING!!!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!