Saturday 22 August 2020

ACFI Attempt 5

 

Details:

1. John Dwayne

2. Materials: FC Drawing Book, Classmate Mechanical Penpencil 0.7mm, Regular Pencil and Eraser, FC 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B, Blending with Small Stump, Tissue Paper and Flat Brush (size 3)

3. Date: 22 August 2020; Time: Almost 4 Hours, 30 Minutes

4.I drew the outlines based on the grid reference, and was pretty happy with the way the positions had turned out.

5. I learned that majority of the drawing is defined by layering shades after shades and that's how there appears a transition from light to dark.

6. Drawing a bald head is a bit tricky, the reflections must show well, otherwise the portrait looks cartoonish!

7. I loved the way how those eyes have turned out, and also was completely surprised by the all right lips!!! However, I still am struggling with filling in darker shade (example, the area between the eyebrow and the eye).

8. This drawing made me happy!

HAPPY DRAWING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Probably head needs more finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arun - As I said in the post, drawing a bald head is a little tricky because it plays a lot with shadows and reflection. I will work on it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!