Tuesday 24 June 2014

"Oggarane" - A Short Opinion

"Oggarane" - A beautiful entanglement of cooking and love. The movie, sort of, resonates on the theme - "the way to man's heart is through his stomach". Prakash Raj (as Kalidasa), as usual, has given a marvelous performance, Sneha (as Gowri) too is not far behind and has performed well. As the backdrop of the movie, the field of Archeology forms a nice base, providing very minimal details about the work and also about the plight of the tribal people. However, 'love' and 'finding the soulmate' become central to the movie, the interaction between two strangers help them to find themselves. I really loved the blend of cooking and love, it also catered to adding a reasonable tinge of humour to the movie. I enjoyed watching the movie and would personally rate it 4.5 on a scale of 5.0.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about this movie, I am told in reviews that Malayalam is supposed to be the really interesting story, by the way I watched the Telugu remake of the movie, as reviews pointed out the story lost its real seriousness - anyway as I watched the movie really made feel good about the way cake is made and the food stuff. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed the movie Sir. It's always to judge or rather rate a movie by ourselves than by being 'influenced' by others' reviews.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Do leave a comment!